Back to All Events
Four RBI Day For Tony Puntillo Brings In Win For Brant Bombers Over North Evans
- Brant Bombers defeated North Evans 17-7 on Tuesday thanks in part to Tony Puntillo, who drove in four runners. Puntillo drove in runs on a double in the first, a single in the second, and a sacrifice fly in the fifth.
- Bats blistered as Brant Bombers collected 21 hits and North Evans tallied nine in the high-scoring game.
- Brant Bombers got things moving in the first inning. Brant Bombers scored two runs when Puntillo doubled.
- Brant Bombers tallied seven runs in the second inning. The offensive onslaught by Brant Bombers was led by Tom Whelan, Puntillo, Jeff Renaldo, Jason Renaldo, and Vince Fininzio, all driving in runs in the frame.
- North Evans scored three runs in the third inning. North Evans scored its runs on a home run by Dane Cala.
- Fininzio pitched Brant Bombers to victory. They lasted seven innings, allowing nine hits and seven runs while striking out three.
- Scott took the loss for North Evans. They lasted seven innings, allowing 21 hits and 17 runs while striking out two.
- North Evans tallied three home runs on the day. James Atzrott went deep in the first inning. Cala had a four bagger in the third and fifth innings.
- Brant Bombers totaled 21 hits in the game. Renaldo, Whelan, Puntillo, Fininzio, Tater Hill, and Billy Evans each had multiple hits for Brant Bombers. Whelan and Renaldo each collected four hits to lead Brant Bombers.
- Cala went 2-for-4 at the plate to lead North Evans in hits.